Park View House
3 Bedrooms/2 Bathrooms
Summer Rate: $148
Daily Rate/Summer Holiday Rate: $185
Holiday/Special Event: $231
Weekly Rate: $1110 (7th night free!). Check with owner for the summer weekly rate.
NOTE: Weekly rate does not apply during holiday weeks. Booking system will not apply weekly discount, email/call the owner for instructions, see contact info at the bottom of the page.
Minimum 2-night stay | Accommodates 6 or more*
Walk out the backyard into the park from this secluded 3 bedroom cabin on 5 acres at the end of the road. No other properties are further up the road beyond the Park View. Stunning views, including unobstructed night skies, are in every direction of this eclectic cabin. Joshua Tree National Park surrounds the property on 3 sides. The artistically recreated Park View features a covered entertaining area, fire pit with seating for a barbecue or evening stargazing, and “The Cabus.” A retired tour bus fashioned into a caboose, “The Cabus” offers a play space for kids and an extra sleeping area. Creative touches inside and out. Plenty of parking. Great for groups! Right by the little-known Covington Flats entrance to Joshua Tree National Park.
- 1500 square foot home.
- 3 bedrooms: Master Suite w/king bed, sliding glass doors w/desert views, closet space and couches, attached full bath w/park view. 2nd bedroom includes full bed, closet space, dressing table ,and park views. 3rd Bedroom includes 2 twin beds, desk, couch, and park views.
- 2 full baths with bathtubs and views of the park.
- Full-sized kitchen equipped with cookware, 3 dining tables, and ample seating.
- Wood burning stove and evaporative cooler allow for comfortable temperatures year round.
- The "Cabus" sleeps an additional 4 to 6 guests, bedding included. The Cabus is a retired tour bus fashioned into a caboose -- enjoy it for lounging and/or an additional sleeping area. Kids and adults alike will appreciate this fun space, which is included in your rental of the Park View. It is located next to the cabin.
- Fire pit made of reclaimed bottles and seating.
- Outdoor table and seating, porch covering for shade.
- All linens and towels provided.
- Pet-friendly, fenced yard.
“Our family of six had a wonderful time in and around Joshua Tree National Park, and Lori’s Park View home was a wonderful option for proximity to the park, but with indoor space and conveniences of warm beds and clean bathrooms. We loved having the fire pit too (score on the s’mores, we used sticks lying around on the ground from nearby plants). The photos provide a very accurate look at the home and property. Lori was extremely attentive and helpful. ”
“Lori is AWESOME! Great communication and such a lovely person. She made us feel very welcome at her cool desert retreat. It was exactly what we were looking for, for our desert weekend!”
Staying At Thunderbird Lodge Retreat: The Fine Print
- Please note that rates are subject to change, and do not include taxes & fees. Special rates, are not valid during holiday weeks. Rates are typically higher the weekend immediately before, of, or immediately after a national holiday.
- A minimum stay of two (2) nights is required, three (3) night minimum during holiday weeks.
- Our rates accommodate up to four (4) guests. If your party is larger than four (4), additional guests can sleep on air mattresses or camp on our grounds for $15 per person / per night.
- Family/Child Policy: Children under 18 years of age stay free with an accompanying adult.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM (noon)
- Deposit: we require the full amount of the reservation (100% of the total) at the time of booking. All state and local taxes will apply.
- We charge a one-time $50 cleaning charge per stay per house.
- All of our cabins are non-smoking. Guests may smoke outside only. Guests who smoke in their cabin will be charged a $250 cleaning fee.
- A gentle reminder that should a change or cancellation become necessary, please let us know by 3:00PM (PST), 14 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund of your deposit. If the reservation is cancelled less than two weeks (14 days) prior to arrival, you will forfeit 50% of the deposit unless we are able to re-rent your cabin. Equally, if your departure date is changed and is earlier than confirmed, we require similar notice.
- We want you to enjoy your time at the Thunderbird Lodge Retreat; however, parties in our cabins are not permitted at any time without our approval. Parties or other special events at our vacation rentals must be pre-approved by owner Lori Portillo. Additional charges may apply depending on size and nature of your gathering. Unauthorized events will be subject to additional charges. The minimum fee is $300 for an unauthorized event that we find out about after the fact. Please note, owner Lori Portillo and several Thunderbird Lodge Retreat employees live in the neighborhood. Guests hosting unauthorized events may be asked to leave the premises immediately. There will be no refund of rent or other taxes and fees for unauthorized events.
- Damages: We hold a $200 refundable deposit for damages.
- Parking: There is plenty of free parking on each property.
- Pets are welcome at Thunderbird Lodge Retreat at no extra charge.