Check out the Photo Gallery below!
Book your stay
Or Call (760) 408-0768 Now!
Ranch House & Saloon
3 Bedrooms/1 Bathroom
Summer Rate: $235
Daily Rate: $293
Holiday/Special Event: $366
Weekly Rate: $1758 (7th night free!). Check with owner for the summer weekly rate.
NOTE: Weekly rate does not apply during holiday weeks. Booking system will not apply weekly discount, email/call the owner for instructions, see contact info at the bottom of the page.
Minimum 2-night stay | Accommodates 6 or more*
This spacious 3 bedroom Ranch Style home rests on 2.5 picturesque acres and features a Western theme inside and out, with many creative touches. The large long lot features your own personal "Town of El Dorado" including a livery capable of hosting an actual live horse (if you happen to have one) and private open-air saloon complete with gaming tables and a bar. Relaxing covered back porch with seating and table overlooks the saloon, barn, gazebo, fire pit, and desert vegetation in the yard. Great for small or large groups. Unique location for a memorable family reunion and photo shoots. Kids, adults, and four-legged friends alike will appreciate this fun, creative space. Plenty of parking. Located on La Contenta near the Covington Flats entrance to the National Park.
- 1200 square foot home.
- 3 bedrooms: 1 comfy queen room, 1 double, plus a bunk house room which sleeps 4 in a queen bed and a bunk bed. Living room also has a sleeper couch. All are furnished with vintage Western flair.
- 1 full bath with bathtub/shower combination and creative custom tile work.
- Full-sized kitchen equipped with cookware, tables, and seating.
- Wood burning fireplace and evaporative cooler allow for comfortable temperatures year round.
- Fire pit and seating made of recycled bottles.
- Outdoor table and seating, porch covered for shade, charcoal grill.
- All linens and towels are provided.
- Free wifi.
- Pet-friendly, fenced yard.
"One of the coolest Airbnbs I’ve seen! Our group had an amazing time exploring the property and the eclectic twists like the glass bottles in the bonfire, the western town, and unique props all around the property. We really loved the saloon, but it got chilly at night so we were happy to also have a fire. The property was in a good spot to see the valley or walk near Joshua Tree. It was gorgeous and this place made the trip truly memorable!!"
— Lisa - Fall 2020
"This is my second time back here and hopefully not my last. I love everything about this unique stay and the gambling hall saloon with a direct view to a beautiful mountain range. It’s the perfect getaway with plenty of space which is great for pets. Has so many sleeping accommodations and a stocked kitchen ready for you to cook in there. The fire pit is massive and has plenty of seats around. It’s the perfect getaway. Lori is so sweet and such a great host."
— Jathavy - Spring 2021
Staying At Thunderbird Lodge Retreat: The Fine Print
- Please note that rates are subject to change, and do not include taxes & fees. Special rates, are not valid during holiday weeks. Rates are typically higher the weekend immediately before, of, or immediately after a national holiday.
- A minimum stay of two (2) nights is required, three (3) night minimum during holiday weeks.
- Our rates accommodate up to four (4) guests. If your party is larger than four (4), additional guests can sleep on air mattresses or camp on our grounds for $15 per person / per night.
- Family/Child Policy: Children under 18 years of age stay free with an accompanying adult.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM (noon)
- Deposit: we require the full amount of the reservation (100% of the total) at the time of booking. All state and local taxes will apply.
- We charge a one-time $50 cleaning charge per stay per house.
- All of our cabins are non-smoking. Guests may smoke outside only. Guests who smoke in their cabin will be charged a $250 cleaning fee.
- A gentle reminder that should a change or cancellation become necessary, please let us know by 3:00PM (PST), 14 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund of your deposit. If the reservation is cancelled less than two weeks (14 days) prior to arrival, you will forfeit 50% of the deposit unless we are able to re-rent your cabin. Equally, if your departure date is changed and is earlier than confirmed, we require similar notice.
- We want you to enjoy your time at the Thunderbird Lodge Retreat, however, parties in our cabins are not permitted at any time without our approval. Parties or other special events at our vacation rentals must be pre-approved by owner Lori Portillo.
- Damages: We hold a $200 refundable deposit for damages.
- Parking: There is plenty of free parking on each property.
- Pets are welcome at Thunderbird Lodge Retreat at no extra charge.