Check out the Photo Gallery below!
Book your stay
Or Call (760) 408-0768 Now!
The Aurora Club House
Summer Rate: $120
Daily Rate: $150
Holiday/Special Event: $188
Weekly Rate: $900 (7th night free!). Check with owner for the summer weekly rate.
NOTE: Weekly rate does not apply during holiday weeks. Booking system will not apply weekly discount, email/call the owner for instructions, see contact info at the bottom of the page.
Minimum 2-night stay | Accommodates 6.
The very fun Thunderbird Lodge Retreat AURORA CLUB HOUSE is decorated with rustic flair with loads of games inside and out. This is a great space to escape the city lights for a getaway with friends and/or family for a truly relaxing vacation while immersing yourself in the seclusion, tranquility, and natural beauty of the Mojave Desert. The private property, that rests on 5 picturesque acres, features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and sleeps 6. Board games galore, poker table, basketball hoop, dart board, wood paneling, lots of plaid, an eclectic assortment of manly wall adornments, full kitchen, and fire pit. This is a great space for "kids" of all ages who want to hang out and enjoy each other's company while playing board games and shooting hoops. Secure pet-friendly yard for even the most Houdiniesque of dogs. Relaxing covered back porch is a great space to take in the spectacular sunset with a beer. The Aurora Club House also has room for campers and RVs, but we have no hookups (sorry!). Located on La Contenta near the Covington Flats entrance to the National Park, near lots of hiking trails.
- 1200 sq. ft home.
- 2 bedrooms: 1 comfy queen in first room and 2 twins in the second. Living room also has a full-sized sleeper couch. All are furnished with rustic manly flair.
- 2 baths one with tub, one with shower.
- Games inside and out including darts, basketball hoop, board games, poker table, cards, badminton, dominoes+.
- Full-sized kitchen equipped with cookware and appliances.
- Dining area.
- Wood burning stove and AC allows for comfortable temperatures year round.
- Fire pit and outside seating.
- Outdoor table and seating, porch covered for shade, grill.
- All linens and towels are provided.
- Free wifi.
- Pet-friendly, fenced yard.
Staying At Thunderbird Lodge Retreat: The Fine Print
- Please note that rates are subject to change, and do not include taxes & fees. Special rates, are not valid during holiday weeks. Rates are typically higher the weekend immediately before, of, or immediately after a national holiday.
- A minimum stay of two (2) nights is required, three (3) night minimum during holiday weeks.
- Our rates accommodate up to four (4) guests. If your party is larger than four (4), additional guests can sleep on air mattresses or camp on our grounds for $15 per person / per night.
- Family/Child Policy: Children under 18 years of age stay free with an accompanying adult.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM (noon)
- Deposit: we require the full amount of the reservation (100% of the total) at the time of booking. All state and local taxes will apply.
- We charge a one-time $50 cleaning charge per stay per house.
- All of our cabins are non-smoking. Guests may smoke outside only. Guests who smoke in their cabin will be charged a $250 cleaning fee.
- A gentle reminder that should a change or cancellation become necessary, please let us know by 3:00PM (PST), 14 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund of your deposit. If the reservation is cancelled less than two weeks (14 days) prior to arrival, you will forfeit 50% of the deposit unless we are able to re-rent your cabin. Equally, if your departure date is changed and is earlier than confirmed, we require similar notice.
- We want you to enjoy your time at the Thunderbird Lodge Retreat, however, parties in our cabins are not permitted at any time without our approval. Parties or other special events at our vacation rentals must be pre-approved by owner Lori Portillo.
- Damages: We hold a $200 refundable deposit for damages.
- Parking: There is plenty of free parking on each property.
- Pets are welcome at Thunderbird Lodge Retreat at no extra charge.