1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom
Summer Rate: $108
Daily Rate/Summer Holiday Rate: $135
Holiday/Special Event: $169
Weekly Rate: $810 (7th night free!). Check with owner for the summer weekly rate.
Note: Weekly rate does not apply during holiday weeks. Booking system will not apply weekly discount, email/call the owner for instructions, see contact info at the bottom of the page.
Minimum 2-night stay | Accommodates 4
Looking for a unique Joshua Tree National Park Hotel? This cozy 1 bedroom cabin, at the end of the road, has stunning mountain views all around. No other properties are further up the road beyond the very private Mountain House. Creative touches inside and out. The back deck is the perfect spot to take in the sunrise and the sunset, with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Perfect for couples and small families. Easy access to Joshua Tree National Park and nearby trails. The house sits right on the park boundary near the remote Covington Flats entrance and offers plenty of parking. Book your stay today and enjoy our one of a kind Joshua Tree National Park Hotel.
- 900 square foot home.
- 1 bedroom with queen-sized bed.
- 1 full-sized bed in the large living room.
- 1 bathroom with custom tile work.
- Full-sized kitchen equipped with cookware and custom tile work.
- Outdoor bar, bi-level deck, grill, and a number of seating areas.
- Wood burning stove and evaporative cooler allow for a comfortable temperature year round.
- Free Wifi.
- All linens & towels provided.
- Pet-friendly, fenced yard.
“This place was the perfect weekend getaway. Secluded, quiet, and serene. The most impressive aspect was the privacy. Lori made herself very available but I never saw her if I didn’t need to. Really made the place feel like a true escape. Would definitely go back.”
“What a easy and laid back experience staying at the Mountain House! Lori is just the right amount of helpful and hands-off. The location couldn’t be better, at the entrance to the Covington Flats area (home of some of the largest Joshua Trees in the park). The place is far from any neighbors, and has great views of the mountains. ”
Staying At Thunderbird Lodge Retreat: The Fine Print
- Please note that rates are subject to change, and do not include taxes & fees. Special rates, are not valid during holiday weeks. Rates are typically higher the weekend immediately before, of, or immediately after a national holiday.
- A minimum stay of two (2) nights is required, three (3) night minimum during holiday weeks.
- Our rates accommodate up to four (4) guests. If your party is larger than four (4), additional guests can sleep on air mattresses or camp on our grounds for $15 per person / per night.
- Family/Child Policy: Children under 18 years of age stay free with an accompanying adult.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM (noon)
- Deposit: we require the full amount of the reservation (100% of the total) at the time of booking. All state and local taxes will apply.
- We charge a one-time $50 cleaning charge per stay per house.
- All of our cabins are non-smoking. Guests may smoke outside only. Guests who smoke in their cabin will be charged a $250 cleaning fee.
- A gentle reminder that should a change or cancellation become necessary, please let us know by 3:00PM (PST), 14 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund of your deposit. If the reservation is cancelled less than two weeks (14 days) prior to arrival, you will forfeit 50% of the deposit unless we are able to re-rent your cabin. Equally, if your departure date is changed and is earlier than confirmed, we require similar notice.
- We want you to enjoy your time at the Thunderbird Lodge Retreat; however, parties in our cabins are not permitted at any time without our approval. Parties or other special events at our vacation rentals must be pre-approved by owner Lori Portillo. Additional charges may apply depending on size and nature of your gathering. Unauthorized events will be subject to additional charges. The minimum fee is $300 for an unauthorized event that we find out about after the fact. Please note, owner Lori Portillo and several Thunderbird Lodge Retreat employees live in the neighborhood. Guests hosting unauthorized events may be asked to leave the premises immediately. There will be no refund of rent or other taxes and fees for unauthorized events.
- Damages: We hold a $200 refundable deposit for damages.
- Parking: There is plenty of free parking on each property.
- Pets are welcome at Thunderbird Lodge Retreat at no extra charge.